EU-LAT Network is looking for a highly motivated, dynamic and autonomous person to join the secretariat of the network as Policy & Communications Assistant
Who we are
EU-LAT Network – Red EU-LAT asbl, is a European network of 40 European human rights and development organizations, born from the merger in 2017 of CIFCA and Grupo Sur, and with an advocacy experience of more than 20 years.
The EU-LAT Network’s mission is to promote participatory European policies that contribute to the comprehensive respect of human rights, gender equality, democratization and a fair, inclusive, and sustainable model of society in Latin America.
The General Objective of the Network is to promote the transformation of European policies related to Latin America so that human rights are respected, protected, guaranteed and promoted in the fields of political dialogue, development cooperation and trade and investment.
EU-LAT Network is an equal opportunity employer and recruiting decisions are made entirely and solely on the basis of merit.
Purpose of the position
EU-LAT Network is seeking an assistant (CIP contract) to support the work of the Network & Policy Officer. This position is expected to last for 6 months -with the possibility of a 6 months extension. The focus will be supporting the internal coordination of the Network and on EU level advocacy and communications work. The successful candidate would ideally start working on the 10th of January 2022 and be based in our Brussels office, yet with some flexibility for homeworking.
- Assistance of Policy and Network officer
- Support EU-LAT’s Network advocacy work, through monitoring EU policies and developments and contributing to the design of advocacy and communication materials (press releases, factsheet, twitter, etc).
- Contribute to maintain and strengthen internal coordination and communication mechanisms between members and the secretariat, with a special focus on the working groups.
- Support the coordination of the meetings and prepare briefing notes, presentations and relevant materials in relation to various topics related to EU-LAT’s Network strategic plan;
- Contribute to the content of EU-LAT’s Network communication channels such as social media, website;
- Contribute to the organization of events held by the Network and participate in meetings and events on behalf of the Network.
- Support the administrative tasks in charge of the Executive Secretary
- Performing any other tasks or duties required as applicable
- A university degree/postgraduate level in a relevant area (European public policy, political sciences, international relations, human rights or equivalent);
- A strong commitment to contribute to the transformation of European policies in Latin America, with a gender perspective, and the comprehensive respect of human rights, democratization and sustainable development in Latin America.
- Demonstrated interest or work experience in the field of EU policy, ideally in the field of human rights, in the form of previous internships, traineeships, volunteering experience etc. is an asset;
- Demonstrated strong oral and written expression skills, as well as good coordination skills and the ability to work autonomously;
- Demonstrated knowledge and excellent ability to analyze, write and synthesize advocacy documents in a clear and concise manner;
- Excellent oral and writing skills in English and Spanish (both oral and written);
What we offer
- An opportunity to acquire practical and technical experience in a professional and international working environment, under the supervision of experienced staff members.
- A dynamic, friendly, flexible working environment;
- The exciting experience to be working in a European level NGO in Brussels;
- The opportunity to learn about human rights topics, policy-making and the workings of EU institutions.
How to apply
A CV (maximum 2 pages) and a short motivation letter (1 page) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Policy and Communications Assistant” and your name in the subject line.
Location : The candidate is expected to work from our offices in Brussels with the possibility to work from home several days a week.
Deadline for application: 26th of November
Interviews: 6 to 9th December 2021
Starting date: 10th January 2022
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
For more information on EU-LAT’s Network, please visit www.eulatnetwork.org